Beef production is a complicated business. Producers have to wear many hats and have to make many complicated decisions that affect the outcome of their business.
Below are some tools, brought to you by organizations like BCRC and the Saskatchewan Forage Council, that producers can utilize when making some of those decisions.
Tool for Evaluating Feed Test Results
- Allows producers to enter results from feed tests to determine if that feed is of adequate nutritional value to be fed on its own
- Click here to use the calulator
- Learn more: New Feed Testing Tools
Winter Feed Cost Comparison Calculator
- Producers can use the Winter Feeding Rations and Estimated Costs decision making tool to calculate and compare the costs of main feed ingredients in different rations.
- Click to download (.xlsx file| 95kb)
- Learn more: Winter Feeding Cost Comparison: Hay Vs. Alternative Feeds - BCRC Blog Post
BRD and BVD Vaccination Cost Benefit Calculators
Carrying Capacity Calculator
- Allows producers to determine the carrying capacity of pastures based on two methods: 1) estimates based on provincial guides and 2) field-based sampling.
- Click to use the calculator
- Learn more: Carrying or Grazing Capacity - BCRC Blog Post
- Interactive Forage Species Selection Tool For Western Canada
- Click to use the tool
- Learn more: http://www.beefresearch.ca/blog/forage-u-pick-a-new-interactive-forage-species-selection-tool-for-western-canada/
AHEM - Animal Health Emergency Management
The Animal Health Emergency Management (AHEM) project is focussed on industry relevant resources to minimize the impacts of serious livestock diseases now and into the future.