WEEK ENDING March 29, 2018
● North American cattle markets were primarily lower last week.
● Saskatchewan feeder steer prices were lower in all reported weight categories with prices declining between $1.29 per cwt and $16.92 per cwt over the week.
● Saskatchewan feeder heifer prices were also lower in all weight categories with prices declining between $2.69 per cwt and $11.57 per cwt over the week.
● U.S. feeder cattle futures prices were lower last week with the April contract declining US$2.775 per cwt; while the May contract declined US$3.275 per cwt.
● U.S. nearby live cattle futures prices were also lower with the April contract declining US$2.300 per cwt;
while the June contract declined US$3.625 per cwt to settle last Thursday at US$102.575 per cwt.
● U.S. weekly choice beef cutout prices declined US$2.46 per cwt last week to average US$221.72 per cwt.
Thank You to Canfax "Canada's source for cattle Market Information" For In-depth Analysis Subscribe today
Cattle prices updated with Recent Market information
This information is provided as a resource by Saskatchewan Agriculture staff.
All stated cattle prices are based on the weekly Canfax Market Outlook and Summary. Please use this information at your own risk