The weekly cattle market update will take a summer break and return in mid-to-late August when feeder cattle volume starts to pick up.
This is the final edition of the Cattle Market Update for the spring of 2017.
Monthly updates will be prepared during the week of July 5 and August 2.
The regular weekly report will resume in mid-to-late August.
WEEK ENDING JUNE 16th, 2017
● North American cattle markets were primarily lower last week.
● Alberta fed steer prices declined $9.95 per cwt to average $160.79 per cwt last week.
● Saskatchewan feeder cattle prices were mixed but primarily lower in all reported weight categories.
● U.S. feeder cattle futures prices were noticeably lower with the August-to-October contracts declining between US$6.275 per cwt and US$6.450 per cwt.
● U.S. nearby live cattle futures prices were also noticeably lower with the August contract declining US$5.675 per cwt to settle Friday at US$118.175 per cwt.
● U.S. weekly choice beef cutout prices increased US$0.64 per cwt last week to average US$250.86 per cwt.
Thank You to Canfax "Canada's source for cattle Market Information" For In-depth Analysis Subscribe today
Cattle prices updated with Recent Market information
This information is provided as a resource by Saskatchewan Agriculture staff.
All stated cattle prices are based on the weekly Canfax Market Outlook and Summary. Please use this information at your own risk